WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE ALUMINUM BED WOOD SYSTEM?
An accurate recreation of actual wood grains, digitally printed on a durable commercial grade floor laminate and applied to our extruded aluminum boards. Sold in kit form and shipped complete with Hidden Bolt Center Strips, Stainless Hardware, additional Under Floor Supports and your choice of Wood Grain Patterns and Colors.
ADVANTAGES OVER TRADITIONAL WOOD FLOORS:
- American made, ECO friendly, man-made product of unlimited supply.
- A bolt-in lite weight system which is durable and weather resistant.
- Approximately 3X more scratch and scuff resistant than a nicely finished wood floor.
- An extremely stable platform extruded from 6063-T6 "Aircraft quality" aluminum which provides minimum expansion. Warping and cracking are a thing of the past.
- Our rugged polymer based laminate yields similar UV protection to automotive clear coat providing a waterproof, stain proof and chemical resistant finish.
- Smokey Road Rod Shop digitizes only the highest grade "true old growth wood" in existence and exactly replicates the most beautiful wood grains of the "old world". For beauty and accuracy, every board is professionally printed in high definition.
- Advantage Aluminum Bed Wood System installs similar to any wood floor. (In some cases, the customer will re-drill their cross sills to accommodate a consistend board width.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How durable is this floor ?
Durability must be considered in two separate categories: physical damage and naturally occurring damage. As to the physical side, our floor laminate is approximately 3X more scratch and scuff resistant than most nicely finished wood floors. Also, our center strips are placed higher above the deck height for additional protection. As to the natural side, our 6063-T6 Aircraft quality aluminum extrusion is an extremely stable material, therefore, expansion is held to a minimum.
What about preparation and maintenance ?
Unlike wooden floors requiring over 40 hours of effort... sanding, staining, varnishing, cutting and fitting, our floors require no preparation time. They are also maintenance free.
What about installation ?
Our kits require very little effort to install because they are completely finished right out of the box.
...Installation time should be 3 to 4 hours.
Chevy owners will re-drill each cross sill to accommodate our custom board width before installation.
Our boards are held in place via the hidden bolt center strips similar to conventional bed wood. However, the bed to frame bolts install below the boards and create a complete hidden bolt bed floor system.
How does our price compare to a typical wood floor ?
We know we're a few dollars more than a nicely finished wood floor. We also know our product offers much more value in the life expectancy and enjoyment of your truck.
So let's compare products...
Most shops charge $60-$75 per hour in labor. YOUR TIME HAS VALUE ! Even if your time is valued as low as $35 per hour, the cost of labor alone is more than the cost of our complete floor. Consider also, the additional cost of material (wood planks, polished stainless center strips,stainless hardware, varnish, stain, sandpaper, etc.) ... So now you understand that our system cost about half of the cost of a complete traditional organic wooden floor. Not to mention- time lost parking your truck in poor weather.
Our floor is weather proof and stays flat and consistent in color for show quality appearance throughout the life of your truck.
CHECK OUT OUR ORDER FORM PAGE FOR FULL QUOTE.
Can I use a fuel tank under the floor ?
The addition of a fuel inlet in your floor is no problem. Simply install it as any wood floor but fashion a gasket to go between the filler neck and the floor.